Thursday 13 August 2015

OWLCHEMY WAX MELT WARMER

I was recently lucky enough to win an OWLCHEMY WAX MELT WARMER 
from D B REVIEWS.


I've had a rotten cold for the last week so decided what better time to test a product relying on a sense of smell!  

   Last night, while I was getting ready to take a bath, I plugged the warmer into the socket next to my bed.  There are 2 warmers to choose from - Morning Glory and Sunflower.  I chose the Morning Glory one - I do wish there was a greater choice of warmer designs, shapes and colours and hope they will introduce new alternatives soon (hint hint).



Cleverly, it is the bulb that heats and melts the scented wax (instead of a tealight in classic oil burners).  In my opinion this means it is a far safer alternative but still needs to be monitored because of the hot ceramic and melted wax.

I added a little block of vanilla scented wax into the dish which I placed on top of warmer, making sure both the warmer and dish were level (to avoid spillages and accidents).


Whilst enjoying my lovely bubble bath (sorry no pictures hee hee) my other better half was assigned guard duty as we have a 12 month old cat that knows no fear, is accident prone and very stupid LOL  When I got out of the bath he said there was only one problem - he was now craving vanilla ice cream because of the delicious aroma wafting round the room - it smelt like the air would taste yummy if you could eat it!


I left the warmer on for a couple more hours while I read a book called ELEVEN by CAROLYN ARNOLD (currently free on Kindle from Amazon and which I will be writing a review about over next couple of days).  Even after I had turned the warmer off I could still smell the scrumptious vanilla as I drifted effortlessly off to sleep zzzzzzzzzz


I suffer from a very disjointed sleeping pattern so wake often during night - this was still the case but the sweet smell of the vanilla eased me nicely back to sleep each time.  It was lovely waking to gorgeous (and rare) sunshine and a sweet smelling, slowly dissipating scent.

 As you can tell I was very impressed with this item - it will be getting lots of use and I can't wait to try other FRAGRANCES, of which there are many!!!!

My only gripe is the price - it's not going to be in a lot of peoples' reach or budget (speaking from my current experience) which is such a shame as this warmer, wax melts and the concept deserve to reach a wider audience.

This post is NOT sponsored - these are my own views, feelings and observations.  Any and all spelling mistakes and grammatical errors are the result of a poor education (correction - lack of attention and attendance)!

Be Good - Be Happy - Be Lucky ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment